【Korean Travel】 Cherry Blossom Festivals Start in Seoul and Jeju
Fabulous cherry blossom festivals will be taking place in Seoul and on Jeju Island starting from March. As the first region in the country to welcome the sight of blooming blossoms, Jeju Island will hold its annual Jeju Cherry Blossom Festival starting this March 30 until April 8. Its venue spans over the area of Jeonnong-ro and Jangjeon-ri in Aewol-eup; vehicle will have limited access to allow visitors freely and safely take in the view.
As for Seoul, Seokchonhosu Lake Cherry Blossom Festival and Yeongdeungpo Spring Flower Festival are two of the first spring festivals to take place. Seokchonhosu Lake Cherry Blossom Festival will take place within the areas of Seokchonhosu Lake, located in proximity to the popular Lotte World and Lotte World Tower. Several events such as concerts, caricature booth, and cherry blossom market will make the festival livelier than ever.
Another Seoul’s prominent spring festival, Yeongdeungpo Yeouido Spring Flower Festival, will welcome visitors from April 7 to April 12. Visitors can walk along the Hangang River while appreciating the beauty of diverse spring flowers like rhododendrons, forsythias, azaleas, and, of course, the cherry blossoms.
Take a trip to Seoul and Jeju Island to enjoy spring in the air this April!
Cherry Blossom Festival Kicks off in Seoul and Jeju
☞ Jeju Cherry Blossom Festival
- Period: March 30-April 8, 2018
- Location: Areas of Jeonnong-ro & Jangjeon-ri, Aewol-eup
* Jeonnong-ro festival takes place March 30-April 1; Jangjeon-ri, Aewol-eup festival takes place from April 7-8
* Jeonnong-ro (near Samdo 1-dong): From Jeju International Airport, take Bus No. 365 → Get off at Citizen’s Hall Bus Stop (10 bus stops, estimated 15 min) → Follow Jungang-ro 24-gil road towards Jeju Jungang Girls’ Middle School for approx. 600 m → Turn left after the school and walk straight approx. 80 m.
* Jangjeon-ri, Aewol-eup (near Jangjeon Elementary School): From Jeju International Airport, take Bus No. 365 → Get off at Halla Hospital Bus Stop (9 bus stops, estimated 14 min) and transfer to Bus No. 290-1 → Get off at Jangjeon Elementary School Bus Stop (24 bus stops, estimated 29 min.)
☞ Seokchonhosu Lake Cherry Blossom Festival
- Period: April 5-13, 2018
- Location: Areas of Seokchonhosu Lake
- Directions: Jamsil Station (Seoul Subway Line 2, 8), Exit 1~3.
* For details, refer to Seokchonhosu Lake Cherry Blossom website (Korean only).
☞ Yeongdeungpo Yeouido Spring Flower Festival
- Period: April 7-14, 2018
- Location: Areas of Yeouiseo-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul (behind the National Assembly Building)
- Directions: National Assembly Station (Seoul Subway Line 9), Exit 1 → Turn left at Seogang University Intersection to Yunjung-ro Road
☞ Visit Jeju website: www.visitjeju.net (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
☞ Songpa-gu Office website: www.songpa.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
☞ Yeongdeungpo-gu Office website: www.ydp.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
☞ Related Columns
- Korea’s Best Springtime Destinations
- Spring Blossom Roads in Seoul
- Spring Festivals 2018 (March - May)
☞ 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Vietnamese, Thai, Malay)
Information courtesy of Songpa-gu Office, Yeongdeungpo-gu Office & Jeju City Hall
『 COPYRIGHTS ©KOREA TOURISM ORGANIZATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED www.visitkorea.or.kr 』
韓国旅行情報のすべて : トリップポーズ http://www.trippose.com
South Korea travel tips and articles : TRIP-PROPOSE http://en.trippose.com
韩国旅游提示和文章 : TRIP-PROPOSE http://cn.trippose.com
韓國旅遊提示和文章 : TRIP-PROPOSE http://tw.trippose.com / http://hk.trippose.com