【Korean Travel】 Namsangol Hanok Village Hosts Traditional Experience Event
Namsangol Hanok Village is inviting visitors to participate in a variety of traditional experience programs consisting of ten new additional activities as well as the popular hanbok fitting experience and handicraft program.
With the theme “All about Korean Traditional Experience,” Namsangol Hanok Village presents visitors with activities such as themed hanbok fitting, archery making, moonin (artists & writers) experience, danso experience, tea ceremony experience, falconry experience, traditional incense class, rice cake making, and meditation & alley experience.
Visitors participating in themed hanbok experience can dress up like a model from a folk painting during the Joseon period, while those who are interested in danso can learn to make and play one for themselves. Visitors can also try out engaging in a slap-match game, a popular game played by kids in the 1980s. Another unique experience not to be missed during the event is interacting with Korea’s indigenous falcon firsthand and getting a taste of traditional falconry, a UNESCO designated Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
The event takes place daily except on Mondays, Namsangol Hanok Village’s designated closed day. Reservation and on-site registration are both available; visitors who have made a reservation for an individual traditional & cultural heritage guided tour are not required to make separate reservation for the activities.
For details on available experience programs, visit the official website of Namsangol Hanok Village.
Namsangol Hanok Village Hosts Traditional Experience Event
☞ Event period: March 6-June 30, 2018
* Closed Mondays
* Handicraft program and traditional & cultural heritage guided tour available until December 16 and December 31 respectively.
☞ Location: 28, Toegye-ro 34-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 중구 퇴계로34길 28 남산골 한옥마을)
☞ Directions: Chungmuro Station (Seoul Subway Line 3, 4), Exit 3 or 4. Walk approx. 5 min to Namsangol Hanok Village.
- Falconry: 10:30-17:00 (approx. 1 hr) / 7,000 won
- Themed hanbok fitting: 10:30-17:00 (approx. 1 hr) / 15,000~20,000 won
- Moonin experience: 10:30-17:00 (approx. 1 hr) / 10,000 won
- Tea ceremony experience: 10:30-17:00 (approx. 1 hr) / 15,000 won
- Playing with danso: 10:30-17:00 (approx. 1 hr) / 10,000 won
- Meditation & alley experience: 10:30-17:00 (approx. 1 hr) / 10,000 won
- Traditional & cultural heritage guided tour: 10:30, 12:00, 14:00, 15:30 (approx. 50 min) / Free / Available in English, Japanese, & Chinese. Check multilingual tour schedule online before visiting.
* Experience programs are not available during lunchtime from 12:00-13:00.
* All participation fees include the cost for materials and clothes rental.
* Visitors who have a Naver ID can make reservation online; those who have tickets can register on-site.
☞ Namsangol Hanok Village website: www.hanokmaeul.or.kr (Korean only; program page provides descriptions in English, Japanese, & Chinese)
☞ Visit Seoul website: korean.visitseoul.net (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Russian)
☞ 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Vietnamese, Thai, Malay)
『 COPYRIGHTS ©KOREA TOURISM ORGANIZATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED www.visitkorea.or.kr 』
韓国旅行情報のすべて : トリップポーズ http://www.trippose.com
South Korea travel tips and articles : TRIP-PROPOSE http://en.trippose.com
韩国旅游提示和文章 : TRIP-PROPOSE http://cn.trippose.com
韓國旅遊提示和文章 : TRIP-PROPOSE http://tw.trippose.com / http://hk.trippose.com