Panmunjeom (Joint Security Area) 판문점
Panmunjeom is located in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), 50 km north of Seoul and 10 km east from the city of Gaeseong, a city which now belongs to North Korea. This area is most notably known for the peace talks that were held here on October 25, 1951 and on July 27, 1953 when the Armistice Agreement was signed. It is now beyond the jurisdiction of both the North and South.
The conference center in Panmunjeom is surrounded by the Joint Security Area (JSA) and measures 800 meters in diameter. It is the only portion of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) where North and South Korean forces stand face-to-face. It was used as a filming location of the movie "JSA (Joint Security Area)." It was also the site of military negotiations between North Korea and the United Nations Command (UNC). It has now become one of the most visited tourist sites of the DMZ.
・Age limit : Open to visitors ages 10 and over
・Information : General Tourists on Panmunjeom Tour
- All visitors to the Panmunjeom will be required to sign a compliance regulation form, provided by the respective tour agency.
- Visitors under the age of 10 are not allowed to participate in the DMZ tour. (infants included)
- Foreign identification cards or alien registration cards issued in Korea are not accepted. Please bring your passport.
Clothing Policy by the United Nations Command Military Armistice Commision (UNCMAC):
Informal clothes commonly viewed as acceptable in equivalent public settings are normally permitted.
Clean pants such as slacks, khakis or jeans without fraying or tearing and a clean, collared shirt with running shoes are considered appropriate. However, ripped jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops/sandals are unacceptable. Visitors wearing clothing that is undignified, obscene, extreme, torn, tattered, frayed, overly provocative, or otherwise considered inappropriate by the UNCSB-JSA security escorts will not be allowed to enter the JSA.
The following attire and accessories are specifically prohibited:
(1) Tank tops or sleeveless shirts/tops or those that expose the midriff. Additionally, shirt/tops with insulting, profane, obscene, provocative or demeaning representations.
(2) Shorts, gauchos, or mini-skirts (for dresses or skirts)
(3) See-through, sheer or transparent shirt or pants
(4) Workout or exercise clothing of any kind including track pants, gym shorts, stretch pants or warm-up suits
(5) Shower shoes, slippers, flip-flops or sandals
(6) Items of military clothing not worn as an integral part of a prescribed service
(7) Oversize or excessively baggy clothing that exposes underwear or poses a hazard to movement
(8) T-shirts must be collared shirts, sweatshirts or "biker" attire such as leather vests and leather riding chaps
(9) Umbrellas are authorized only when it is raining. Tripods can only be used by authorized media with prior approval.
(10) All bags, including but not limited to backpacks, purses and camera bags, must remain on the bus while in the UNCMACHA.
(11) Jackets and outer wear can be worn but not carried in the UNCMACHA
This is not meant to cover every possible clothing/appearance situation. In all cases not otherwise specifically covered by this policy, the UNCSB-JSA security escort wil make the decision on acceptability of appearance.
Tours may be canceled if there is a special occasion (e.g., South-North Dialogue or military talks) and if other emergency situation occurs.
・Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-111
・Closed : Sundays & National holidays
・Operating Hours : Monday–Saturday 09:45, 13:15 and 15:15. (*Times are subject to changes depending on the season or other unpredicted incidents.)
Individual tours are not allowed, please refer to third party agency offering tours.
Gunnae-myeon, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do
Suggested popular information of Coupon in Korea
(Korea Discount Coupon)
Gyeonggi-do > DMZ•Panmunjeom
DMZ A Half Day Tour, Highly Recommend ♥♥♥ Are you obsessed with the mystery relationship between North and South Korea? Go back to 1950s with TK Travel and let's dig out what was happened. *Minimum of 4 people required *Supplement at KRW30,000 applies per person
Gyeonggi-do > DMZ•Panmunjeom
DMZ B Half Day Tour(TKDMZ-B), Highly Recommend ♥♥♥ Are you obsessed with the mystery relationship between North and South Korea? Go back to 1950s with TK Travel and let's dig out what was happened. *Minimum of 4 people required *Supplement at KRW30,000 applies per