[Korea] Korea’s major green tea event, Boseong Green Tea Festival to start on May 3!
The host province of this event, Boseong, was found to be a home of naturally growing tea trees, which led to active development of green tea production. Boseong is now responsible for 34% of Korea’s total green tea production, making it one of the most leading tea plantations in Korea.
Boseong Green Tea Festival is celebrating its 43rd anniversary this year, inviting both domestic and international visitors alike to join in on a discovery to find the true flavors of tea through a variety of experience programs. The opening ceremony will kick off at 6:30 p.m. on May 3 and entertain visitors with a fabulous green tea-themed parade. The visitors will also get an opportunity to taste teas at a “Deulcha Hoe,” a field tea party, as well as enjoy an evening walk along the green tea field under moonlight.
Visitors can also experience different tea cultures from Korea, Japan, and China with the “Tea Culture Exchange,” taste and make food like green tea chocolate or green tea ice cream using green tea ingredients at the “Green Tea Art & Food Market,” collect tea leaves, learn etiquettes for drinking tea, and participate in other tea related activities.
Visitors who will not be taking a trip to Boseong can get a glimpse of what Boseong Green Tea Festival will be like at the “Moonlight Tea Party” in City Hall (Seoul Plaza). This sneak peek event will take place on April 29 at 7 p.m., offering visitors an opportunity to relax and taste Korea’s leading green tea in the middle of a bustling city.
Event schedule and other details can be found at the Boseong Green Tea Festival’s official website below.
The 43rd Annual Boseong Green Tea Festival
☞ Event period
- The 43rd Annual Boseong Green Tea Festival: May 3 – 7, 2017
- Pre-event “Moonlight Tea Party”: April 29, 2017 / 19:00
- Boseong Green Tea Festival: Areas of Korean Tea Culture Park and Boseong green tea plantation field
- Pre-event “Moonlight Tea Party”: City Hall (Seoul Plaza)
- Korean Tea Culture Park and Boseong Green Tea Plantation: From Seoul’s Yongsan Station, take Mugunghwa Train to Boseong. -> At Boseong Station, walk to Usanri Bus Stop across the street. -> Take a bus bound for Boseong-Gunhak and get off at Daehandawon Bus Stop. -> Walk approx. 10 min to Korean Tea Culture Park.
- City Hall (Seoul Plaza): City Hall Station (Seoul Subway Line 1 and 2), Exit 6. Cross the street from the exit. -> Walk approx. 252m to City Hall. (approx. 4 min)
☞ Boseong Green Tea Festival website:dahyang.boseong.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
☞ 1330 Korea Travel Hotline:
+82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
*source : KTO(Korea Tourism Organization) www.visitkorea.or.kr
韓国旅行情報のすべて : トリップポーズ http://www.trippose.com
South Korea travel tips and articles : TRIP-PROPOSE http://en.trippose.com
韩国旅游提示和文章 : TRIP-PROPOSE http://cn.trippose.com
韓國旅遊提示和文章 : TRIP-PROPOSE http://tw.trippose.com / http://hk.trippose.com